Chevre offers a wide range of services, making full use of our skills and experience. We can intervene at every stage of the software development lifecycle, from gathering requirements (if we have good business skills in the area you operate in) to deployment and remote/onsite support.
These are examples of services that Chevre can provide for your business:
- database and application analysis: we perform healthchecks of your database and how your applications communicate with it. We can identify bottlenecks, suggest query optimisation, review your backup/recovery strategy (and test it!), add functionality, comment on the data model. Having worked in high pressure insurance and billing environments, we know what it is like to work against aggressive SLAs (Service Level Agreements). We can analyse your system and evaluate it against specific SLAs, and can help you meet your SLAs.
- requirements: we can help you analyse and formalise your business requirements for a new system or for an upgrade of your existing system. We could use a formal methodology to ensure none of your business functions has been forgotten or implemented wrongly. We can help you write functional specifications and map them to technical design documents.
- development: we can build your system. If we are skilled in the tools and products that are most appropriate for you (check our skillset), then we can design, build, test, deploy and support your system.
- support and administration: we are Oracle Certified database administrators, so we can take care of your database support needs. We can perform this function remotely (with VPN access to your systems, for example), or on site, at intervals that we agree on. We are open to any form of support that you think would be best for you.
- project management: use our project management skills to get the best out of your IT project! We are skilled project managers and you don't necessarily have to use our technical skills. We have delivered many projects, from small to complex, and we have a good feel for what level of project management is appropriate. We have a unique, transparent approach to project management, breaking down every task into manageable chunks for which the specification, expectation and milestones are visible for everyone.
- internet broadcasting: we can help you analyse your internet broadcasting needs, and establish whether Viostream™ would be suitable for you. If it is, then we can, with the help of our partner Viocorp, build your broadcasting solution.
business analysis: we can provide business analysis in the following areas:
- broadcast (TV, interactive TV and internet)
- energy (electricity and gas)
- billing systems
training courses: we can deliver training courses at competitive rates, on many subjects, including:
- Database design principles and techniques, backup and recovery, RMAN etc.
- Oracle development (for Oracle 8, 8i, 9i, 10g and 11g)
- SQL, PL/SQL
- Oracle DW and BI: OWB 10g, 11gR1, 11gR2, Discoverer
- Microsoft Access (2003, 2007)
If you have a specific requirement that has not been covered here, don't hesitate to ask us! If it's outside of our competence, we'll tell you. We won't pretend we can do something we're not sure of. We believe in transparency and integrity - our day-to-day relationship with our customers is key to us. We want to enjoy work, and we want you to enjoy working with us!